Sunday, October 28, 2012

Birthdays and Birthday Cards

So my oldest little boy turned 6 years old on Friday.  That is also the same day I helped the PTO run the school's Fall Festival.  So we kept saying to Tommy that the WHOLE SCHOOL was having a party just for him!  He didn't buy it.  But he did make a point of telling EVERYONE he talked to that night, that it was his birthday!  This is the night where kids made the pumpkins that I showed you a few weeks ago.  They seemed to enjoy them, though if we do them next year, I have some improvement ideas on my design (assuming I can even remember them!). 
 
Well Friday, after having breakfast with my boy at school, I came home and made a 12x12 card for him from his whole family.  Using my Pazzles, I cut out a "superhero", he looks JUST LIKE Batman, but of course that name is licensed, so we will just call him a black and blue superhero. :)  He has a great tan, just like my Tommy boy.  Here is a pic of it before everyone signed it and I hung it up.
 
 
The superhero is on a wobble sticky too, so he "dances" when you bump him.  I thought it turned out cute and he is very proud to have it hanging on his door. 
 
So more on birthdays... I signed up for a birthday card swap for both boys and girls.  I have to send in 5 cards for each category.  They are due like November 9th, but I am on a roll getting things done and I had some inspiration today as well as time!  So in my usual "lazy crafter" fashion, here is what I came up with for the girl birthday card. 
 
 
I think they are cute, and my 7 year old daughters had a FIT about them!  The picture actually doesn't do it justice.  There is GLITTER EVERYWHERE! 
 
Here is the boy birthday card - did I already share this?  Can't remember so here you go!
 
 
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.  I'm going to be starting on a family project that I cannot share until after the holidays, but I will still do Christmas cards, December Daily, and maybe some more swaps.  I am in TWO secret sister groups, but I can't show those items either!  Bummer.  That's okay, I will have enough going on to bore each and every one of you! 
 
Now on to make about 30 hair bows by Tuesday, for my Girl Scout troop.  These are different than the previous hair bows, though they still use bottle caps.  So I will post those in the next day or two.
 
Happy Sunday or "Church Day" as my little Robby used to say.  Hugs to you all, and God Bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment