Thursday, October 18, 2012

Organization time!

I have so many good ideas coming up for the end of the year, I just HAD to get my craft corner organized!  So, after hubby woke up and kept an eye on my 3 year old for a bit (didn't actually help at all, he still got into everything while Daddy watched), I attacked my craft corner.  I feel so much better and of course, my mind is reeling with all the "oh, I should get a shelf here, I need a ribbon cabinet there..." But I will make it work.  I am blessed with a nice little nook and shelves and boxes.  I really am not complaining.  But now I can access the most used stuff from my chair, with the least used items on the top and bottom shelves, leaving 3 in between for more commonly used items. 
 
During the re-sort, I took kids' crafts and put them in a bin and put that in the top of the closet in their playroom - where the coloring books, crayons etc are already.  Then put my Girl Scout Troop stuff, most of it, on the very top shelf.  So I can see it and get to it, but I don't usually use it at my desk.  Typically I am rummaging through trying to find what I need for the craft of the week. 
 
Anyway, here's a peek at the middle shelves. 

 
My Yudu machine is on the lower shelf, that you can't actually see in this pic.  And the Girl Scout supplies are on the top of this one, again, you can't see it.  The set of shelves have 5 individual shelves.

 
Next to the top pic is this one.  Again you can just pretty much see the middle shelves with a cute little display area for things I am working on.  The hard to reach corners there also have some things I don't use as often.  A huge stack of canvas' and some boxes of soap making stuff.  Soap making isn't something you sit and do for just a few minutes. 
 
I also have a few pegboards hanging up around the desk, you've probably noticed them in the background of some of the previous pictures, a converted shoe shelf holding "plain" card stock sorted by color, and a few other things hanging on the walls for storage.  It's a nice little space, but really hard to take pictures of. 
 
Tomorrow I am going to put together a hair bow tutorial.  A friend wants to know how I made my daughters' cheer hair bows, so that gives me something fun, easy and very different to post about. 
 
Hope your Friday is Awesome!  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment