Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Fall Card

So today, for the first time, I thought I would break down how I made this card, step by step.  It's the first time I am actually using my Pazzles Inspiration for a project, since it was possessed when I got it and had to send it back.  It's all better now, and I am working on a cute and hopefully, simple card. Doing a few challenges with the Pazzles, simple and more complicated cuts.  Just want to see how it turns out. The first run through with the lattice didn't cut completely. 
 

Not sure how well you can see this.  A few of them cut out, but most didn't.  So, I went in and made a few changes, and then got a much better cut. 

 
 
Then it was on to the leaves, a much simpler cut. I used three different papers, one for color effect, and two, they were three different weights, so it was a great chance for me to play around with pressure and blade depth. 
 

 
Ok I really need to work on my webcam skills.  I think my arm is in every photo.  Sorry about that.  Now I am going to start assembling the card.  I used my cuttlebug to emboss an orange background.  After distressing the edges of the card with Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Ink, I started putting it together.  Then I used more Wild Honey Distress Ink, and some Fired Brick TH Distress Ink on the leaves, just doing a little variety.

`
I used my pink ATG to add the leaves and lattice.  Then I stamped a sticker from my stash with the words, "Jesus Loves You" and put that on the front. 

Here is the finished product!  I had planned to make some wobbles to put on the leaves, but as I kept working, I decided I didn't like that idea.  Excuse for another project, right? 

 
 

Hope your day is wonderful!  This has been fun sharing this step by step, well sort of step by step. I will get better with the pics, I promise! 

God Bless you and enjoy your weekend! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment