Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My weekend and more...

Wow, what a busy busy weekend!  Sunday, we spent the morning at The Hub Car Wash and Diner (yes that sounds weird) doing a fundraiser pancake breakfast for my girls' cheer leading group.  Then a few errands and dinner.  After dinner, my hubby went to run up to Safeway to grab a few things for the outing planned for the next day, and about 1 mile from our house, a Ford F250 with a wench on the front, t-boned the Toyota Matrix he was driving. Since it was still in a residential area, the speed was pretty low, probably 25-30 miles per hour.  But he ended up in the ER and now, two days later, is still in a lot of pain.  Fortunately, our 5 year old son, David, along for some Daddy time, didn't seem to suffer any whiplash or other repercussions. Not sure yet if the car will be totalled out, but we believe the frame is bent.  So glad it was a Toyota he was driving!  Go back 5 1/2 years, and in my Toyota Corolla I got rear ended by a Ford Expedition and hit so hard my car went UNDER an Isuzu Trooper.  I still have shoulder issues, but it was such a horrible impact, I KNOW I missed serious injury because of the way that Toyota was built.  That's why we have the Matrix - it was the replacement for the Corolla.  Same car basically, just hatchback instead of trunk.  Hopefully my husband will get better soon. He actually called off work for a week and a half.  In the ten years I have known him, he has NEVER called off work.  So I know he's in more pain than he will admit.

So, moving on.  Monday my kids didn't have school, so we made plans with an acquaintance and local veterinarian, to have picnic/BBQ at her house, and let the kids go horseback riding  Hubby didn't feel up to it at all, but he didn't want to cancel on the opportunity for our kids.  Such a good Daddy.  All 5 of my little ones, and a sweetheart I raised for two years, rode Red the Horse and LOVED IT!  It was exhausting doing all the lifting and running since hubby couldn't help, but so worth it.  My kids wanted me to go riding, but I haven't been on a horse in more than 10 years now, and it was about 100 lbs ago.  I think this horse would DIE if I climbed onto his back.  How do you explain that to your kids?  "Mommy would love to, but you all would have to say your goodbyes to old Red there as Mommy would surely break his poor back.  Heifers need to walk on their own."  So, I just lied like a good Mommy and said the saddle was for kids and not for Mommy's.  Pfft.  Regular saddles, EXTRA LARGE MAMA!  Below is a pic of our 5 adopted kiddos, my "borrowed" baby girl, hubby and our neighbor who owns the ranch, and Super Sized Mama ME!



ANY WHO, after 3 hours feeding kids, dodging bees (they were EVERYWHERE, YUK) and lifting children on and off a horse, we finally left.  After a few errands, my girls had cheer practice so I decided Daddy could handle the boys for awhile while I got in a workout.  Being afraid to injure a HORSE gave me a nice kick in the pants to get some of this blubber OFF!  After 30 minutes on the treadmill, I'm covered in sweat, feeling tired, but good, and BOOM!  I fell.  Seriously.  I fell ONTO the treadmill.  I thought that only happened in slapstick comedy.  Oh my gosh I was embarrassed.  So embarrassed, I had to prove I was fine by going another 20 minutes after my cool down.  So, got quite a workout, scraped my elbow, knee and twisted my neck.  Woohoo!  Aren't you proud of me! 

So, finally on to my little project today!  I bound my December Daily album with 1 1/4 inch O Wire with my Zutter Bind-It-All.  I have 20 pages of 110 lb card stock as a base.  I managed to complete the inside cover and start on page 1.  I won't show you page 1 until it's done, but here is the inside cover:


I cut out a simple tag with my Pazzles Inspiration.  Then I distressed it with TH Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and Fired Brick.  I just used plain black on Recollection Alpha stamps for the word "Family".  The rest, I have had in my stash in scrap long enough, have no idea who made it or what collection, etc.  I like how it turned out.  I love having the letters all jumbled, but not so much you can't read the words.  Getting really excited about some designs I have in mind for inside pages. Not sure if you can see all the sparkly on this page or not, but the Dark Green bursts are raised and shiny.

Well, it's getting close to time for bed.  I would like to tell you what I think I will be planning to share tomorrow, but I will probably be wrong anyway. So you just have to wait and see whatever I am in the mood to work on! 

Have a wonderful Wednesday and may God Bless you and your families in all you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment