Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This is only the beginning

And this is my second try...  I lost my first post somewhere in blogger black hole.  So, my whittiest comments are probably gone.  You will just have to settle for second best. 

Just writing a little about me. As a mom to 7 children, lazy really isn't the appropriate word... I think overwhelmed is more accurate.  But I trust this was God's plan He DOES get us through. That being said, I should explain the oddness of my family. We have two 19 year olds, Kenny, the oldest, is my son from my first marriage.  I raised him alone for ten years before I met and married Ed. Now Summer, our other 19 year old, is Ed's daughter from his first marriage.  She is exactly 4 months younger than Kenny, so the High School teen years were oh so exciting!  (where is the sarcasm font??)  Currently, Kenny is in his sophomore year at Norwich University in Northfield, VT.  It's a private military school, and he is there with a very large scholarship, but not 100% (grrr).  Summer just started college at University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.  She received a few "luck of the draw" scholarships to offset expenses, but wasn't able to get academic scholarships to "go away" to college.  So, she moved out and still my husband foots the bill (ok, SORE subject, but you will probably hear more!).

I worked in Financial Managment for a number of years, and then became a "domestic goddess", or more accurately, SLAVE, 4 years ago.  This happened because we were called to become foster parents, and after just a few months of fostering, two beautiful and amazing children were presented to us as in desperate need of a forever family.  We may have wasted 2 or 3 seconds on that decision, but those two children are now Amanda and David with a birth certificate with mine and my husband's name!  Since that time, we have adopted 3 other children - Robby, Tiana, and Tommy.  As I write this, Robby is 1 week from his 3rd birthday, Tiana and Amanda are both 7, and David and Tommy are both 5.  We also have a foster daughter who has been with us just shy of 2 years, but will be moving to family on her biological father's side, next week.  After 4 1/2 years, serving more than 40 children, and 5 adoptions, my husband is ready to stop fostering.  Thus opening up a lot of time for me to blog and bore entertain, all my virtual friends!

My girls are involved in Cheer and Dance competition, Tommy and David are active in the local wrestling club, and I am a Girl Scout Troop leader.  So I don't actually sit around looking for things to do, despite what hubby thinks sometimes.  My boys are amazing and I love them and they are BOTH ADHD.  ALL my younger children were drug exposed and come with their own unique set of needs.  So I do have my hands full - but crafting and chit chat are my escapes. 

WELCOME to my world!!  Please share with your friends.  I will be sharing all the fun and mostly easy, crafts I do with and for my kids, my Girl Scout troop, and my FIRST December Daily Album!  So hang out, stay awhile, and share your inspiration too!

No comments:

Post a Comment