Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Late Night Ramblings

So it's nearly midnight in Colorado, and my brain just won't shut off!  Is that a good thing? I recently made the move from my Cricut Expression to the Pazzles Inspiration, thanks to several other bloggers.  Shortly after I got my Pazzles (like, less than 48 hours) I had to pack it up and ship it back. SO SAD!  I can't stop playing with the software, so I will be a cutting FOOL when my baby returns.  It was just a glitch, the kind of thing that can happen with anything electronic, and I have to tell you, customer service was ASTOUNDING!  They jumped right on it and emailed a return shipping label so I could send it in to the doctor.  Now, I'm DREAMING of my Pazzles!  My December Daily is kind of STUCK until I can get my Pazzles back.  It's going to be a busy machine next week!  Anyway... It's Tuesday.  And on Tuesdays, I have our Girl Scout meeting. All day, I kept thinking about their project today, and how much my Pazzles would have helped out!  Our girls love to do crafts, and anytime I don't have one, they are so disappointed!  So I try to put some sort of craft together around the lesson.  Today, was healthy eating.  Have you seen this new MyPlate healthy eating thinga ma jobby?  What was wrong with the pyramid?  Why must we ALWAYS change things? Is it JUST to make people like me feel old?  "You know in MY day, we had a food pyramid, we didn't have MyPlate".  So needless to say, we learned it together.  I found a great site, http://www.nourishinteractive.com/ if you ever need some great information and printables, or even online games for your kids to learn about healthy eating. 

My sister has just decided I am worthy of watching her 1 month old daughter. So tomorrow I am babysitting all day.  I reminded her how many children I have taken care of as a foster parent, the fact that I have 7 children of my own, and that I have babysat since I was about 12 (do you remember when that was ok?).  Then suddenly, I began to think... Why on EARTH am I fighting for the right to WORK???  My baby is almost 3 and he's been out of diapers a few months.  WHAT WAS I THINKING???  I'm sure I will have some incredibly witty and charming stories to share after caring for my niece for 12 hours tomorrow.  So, get excited! 

On that note, I will leave you with a picture to ponder the "new" rules of healthy eating.  What are your thoughts on this?  Ok, I know it came out like 2 years ago, but I DWELL on things. But really, what do you think of this? Good, bad, indifferent? Does it make you change your eating habits? One of my Girl Scouts interpreted the Dairy Circle as a bowl of Ice Cream.  Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment