Thursday, September 27, 2012

So are you anxiously awaiting news of my day with a 1 month old in the midst of my crazy life? NO?? Really, it isn't the first thing you wanted to know ALL about today? Ok, well FINE. Was actually a very dull day. As a first time mom who has truly never taken care of children before, my sister does things differently than I do. She holds her daughter all the time! Ok, I'm not knocking this, not at ALL. But with a houseful of kids, I was not prepared to carry a baby around all day. And the poor thing is so used to a perfectly quiet house, she startled at every noise in my loud house! Needless to say, I was pretty tired by the end of the day. She wasn't difficult at all, just us getting used to each other. So I got NOTHING productive done yesterday. I was too tired to even look at the computer! I got ZERO happy mail despite all that I ordered last week, but I'm thinking that was a good thing since I would have stayed up late with it had anything come in the mail.

So today is my Bible Study day... oh wait. Nope. After I signed up for Bible Study, hubby decided he didn't want to take care of kids so I could go. So now I am babysitting kids for the group instead of attending. So it's Bible Study day, just not for ME. I get to stay home with extra kiddos to keep quiet until my husband is ready to get out of bed. Woohoo! Okay, really need that sarcasm font. At this point, I will move on to something more interesting than a bunch of complaints. At least I hope so. I am still waiting for my Pazzles Inspiration to get better and come home. Expecting it maybe Monday? In the meantime, I have been working on other projects when I can. My 7 year old girls are the WORST about loosing earrings. They treat them as disposable. They wear them once and then loose them. How? I do not know. But I myself am guilty of taking earrings out and setting them somewhere, anywhere, and then they get knocked onto the floor, played with by a toddler (I would imagine the bottom of the toy boxes are like prize boxes for stud earrings!) sucked up by the vacuum, or disappear into the abyss with the "other" sock. So, in an attempt to corral their earrings, I had a brilliant idea! Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion! I considered plastic canvas, but then decided it breaks too easily for my rough kiddos. Sitting at my craft desk and looking around, I had an idea. I can cover a canvas (the flat kind) with some pretty paper and stuffs... and then put in a bunch of eyelets! The metal eyelets will hold up. My Big Bite (Crop a Dile II) by We R Memory Keepers can punch the holes and set the eyelets. SO I am started, though I got bored really quickly with punching holes and setting eyelets. BUT it's a good start and I know I will finish it by the weekend. Maybe I have adult ADD. Or maybe I just need a Nanny. Anyone care to apply? Doesn't pay well. Anywho, here is a picture of the started project - there is a row across the top with just holes on the left, and then the eyelets on the right. I will post more pics as I continue to work on it.
 
I tried to do a close up just to show you the holes - isn't that exciting? Hey, let's remember how secluded my life is, ok? I put the DragonFly eyelets in to string twine or maybe ribbon, still undecided, for hanging it up. I also put some pads on the corners on the back so that the earring backs won't get bent or dirtied by hitting the wall. So when it's actually hanging up, the earrings will not touch the wall. I had originally planned to use regular canvas for this reason, but found that the Big Bite was not wide enough to pass the wooden frame. Bummer!

Well for now, I will close with a few words about how much I love my Pazzles!  I haven't even been able to cut much with it, but the software is so amazing!  It is sooooo nice to make everything I want instead of looking through dozens of expensive Cricut Carts to find ONE image to cut.  If you don't have one, look into it!  You can get one as low at $99!  And the monthly craft room is TOTALLY worth it!  Please comment or email with ANY questions.  I will do my best to answer them.

  Impress everyone with your projects from Pazzles Craft Room

No comments:

Post a Comment