Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My December Daily Album

About two weeks ago, I read about this group starting up on Facebook, for sharing ideas for December Daily. I said, December what?  I live a very secluded life - what is this?  But always looking for something new to do... so I began asking questions.  Turns out, this is like Diary meets Scrapbook done IN ADVANCE of December, to allow ease of documenting your Christmas season. Easy?  Really? I'm IN!

So I'm ready to get started, and guess what? My Pazzles looses it's marbles. So it's at the doctor and unless I want to dig out my Cricut (kinda really don't), I am roughing it with some scrapbooking. Well, as I typically have 3-4 projects going on at once, I have managed to get my cover done.  Knowing me, I will keep adding stuff to it, but I am actually really pleased with this.  Pretty simple, but I like it!  And I did an origami poinsettia since I couldn't cut one out with my Pazzles!  Gave me an excuse to by some Distress Ink and flat back pearls. Here is the link for the instructions for the poinsettia http://en.origami-club.com/flowers/poinsettia/poinsettia/index.html.  I would recommend using regular paper, or even contruction paper, instead of the cardstock I did.  Cardstock gets a little tough to fold after awhile.

2 comments:

  1. OMG you're starting on December already? AUGH!!!! I am now officially behind! :) The poinsettia is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much! It's almost October and 4 of my kids have birthdays in October and November, so my best bet is to get started as early as possible! That poinsettia turned out so pretty! I did put the link above if you want to try it! I just recommend using regular paper as opposed to card stock. If I didn't mention that, it was a little bit hard to fold that last part due to the bulk of the card stock.

    ReplyDelete