Friday, December 7, 2012

Winter Wonderland Tea Party

I have to say, I was really nervous about decorating a table for the Winter Wonderland themed Tea Party at my church.  I volunteered for it, but didn't hear back until two days ago.  Then found out what all needed to be done.  I was sure my table would be a total fail. 
 
When I heard the theme was Winter Wonderland, my mind went straight to Blue, Silver and White decoration.  So I went through some things I had, and also managed to get to the store and do a little shopping.  The Tea is tomorrow, but we decorated tonight.  Here is my table as I stared at it trying to figure out what else I needed.  Besides silverware, duh!
 
 
Then things progressed, I had a big stash if items to the side, even though some of the ones I deemed "most important" were left behind on my craft table.  I hadn't planned to do napkin rings, cuz I'm just a dingbat.  BUT we had the BRILLIANT idea of using some of the decorative tags with twine and ribbon, as napkin rings.  This is how the complete table setting ended up looking...The two different designs made by my Pazzles Inspiration, were staggered at the table.
 
 
This tag has "snow" in between two layers.  It looks really really cute up close.

 
 
So, I'm not 100% thrilled, but I AM happy about the end result.  Whew!  I probably won't "win" but at least it looks nice!  By the way, my table was the ONLY one in blue and silver/white.  Most of them were red and one, right next to my table, was Alice in Wonderland.  Hmmm, it was done very well.  I may have just overthought the Winter Wonderland Theme.
 
 
Well the tea is tomorrow morning.  Have to get a cake done and get some sleep.  Have been up late every night this week fulfilling orders! 
 
If you haven't seen, I have a facebook page with pics of the scrappy items I sell, as well as crafts - once I actually get that part done anyway!  It's on facebook at www.facebook.com/CraftAddictEnabler
 
Have a beautiful weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment